MITCHELL THEODORE (TED) HACKNEY
1609 Merrywood Cove, Jonesboro, AR 72401
(870) 933-6458 (home) (870) 930-6708 (work)
Allstate Financial Services, LLC-Present
Sharp Financial Services, Jonesboro, AR 5/97 - 7/02
Life Insurance, Annuities, Securities-Principal
Marketing and sale of financial products. Primary focus on retirement and estate planning and business benefits (401k, medical, cancer, disability, etc.).
- Implemented local seminar program focused on financial and estate planning strategies.
- Helped customers develop and implement long range financial and investment goals.
- Obtained Licenses for Series 7, 64, 24, Life & Health Insurance, Certified Senior Advisor.
Simmons First National Bank, Jonesboro, AR 12/93-5/97
Vice-President and Trust Officer
Responsible for trust sales, in-house training regarding trust sales, and investment management services.
- Began programs to develop new business, including working with unrelated banks to purchase their trust business, estate planning seminars and seminars for bank customers.
- Reviewed contracts and consulted on various legal matters (labor law, negotiable instruments, tax, securities, corporate, general business, bankruptcy) for bank.
- Helped bank customers develop financial and estate planning strategies.
- Taught 15 week American Institute of Banking classes-"Law & Banking: Principles"; "Law & Banking: Applications."
Law Office of M. Theodore Hackney, Denver, CO 3/86-11/93
Law office emphasizing corporations and securities law and business transactions.
- Special counsel to three of the largest hospital systems in Colorado on corporations, securities and general business matters.
- Negotiated $3,500,000 contract for design/construction firm to build gob/ash conveyor system for cogeneration facility in West Virginia.
- Negotiated long term coal lease for Arkansas coal mining company.
- Won breach of contract lawsuit against multinational engine manufacturing company.
- Negotiated settlement of sexual harassment claims of three women against large regional investment banking firm.
- Underwriter's counsel for successful $3,600,000 public offering of "meatless burger" company.
- Counsel to company exporting to Middle East.
- Merged four privately held companies into four publicly held companies.
- Supervised SEC compliance for five publicly held entities.
Wagner & Waller, P.C., Englewood, CO 11/83-2/86
Responsible for corporate and securities matters of assigned clients such as privately and publicly held limited partnerships and corporations, which included mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings and NASD, SEC and state regulatory compliance.
- Acted as lead attorney for underwriter in successful $3,000,000 public offering.
- Represented publicly held companies before SEC on an on-going basis.
- Designed and implemented strategy for minority takeover of public company.
- Participated in roll-up of 32 oil and gas limited partnerships into a publicly traded master limited partnership.
JD, University of Denver School of Law, Denver, CO, 1983. Admitted to Colorado Bar, October, 1983.
MBA, University of Denver Graduate School of Business and Public Management, Denver, CO, 1983.
BA, Harding University, Searcy, AR, 1979. Suma Cum Laude. Chairman, Academic Affairs Committee; American Studies Program; Alpha Chi (national academic honor society); Phi Alpha Theta (national history fraternity).
Born 1958. Married, two children. Active at Southwest Church of Christ--enjoys leading worship and teaching. Raised in missionary family. Also enjoys travel, golf. Likes working on team projects. Involved in various community activities such as Chamber of Commerce and Arkansas Children's Hospital. Chaired Seminar Section of Chamber of Commerce Business Expo for four years.
Read these articles:
- "You Don't Have to be Rich to Make a Difference"
- Using Qualified Plans and IRAs to Help Operation Guyana and Yourself
Return to Guyana Missions Home Page